As sales of electric vehicles are rising day by day, so is the demand for EV charging stations. EV drivers are always on the lookout for nearby charging stations with a DC charger or Bharat AC 001 charger.
Thereby, all EV drivers, as well as property owners, must know about these three classifications of EV charging infrastructure.
Private charging refers to charging stations that are not available for public usage. They are dedicated to an individual apartment, office, or fleet. However, the fleet must have its land available for private charging. You can charge your electric vehicles the same way as you would at the public charging station. You can choose to operate by yourself or appoint a Charge Point Operator (CPO).
Benefits of private charging
- You can install the type of charger you need such as an AC charger or DC fast charger.
- You have control over your charging needs. You can measure how much power you are consuming. It can also help you measure your performance of EV at a later stage.
- As the charging point is exclusively for you, it is available at all times.
Locations where private charging stations can be installed
- Individual’s home
- Individual’s parking lot in an apartment or office
- Fleet; if the fleet owner has a land
Semi-public charging stations are dedicated to a set of people that are either residing at the place or visiting it. It is open to specific consumers although not owned by an individual.
Benefits of semi-public charging
- If you own a restaurant or shopping mall, you may be able to increase footfall which shall boost your revenue. Visitors may stay longer while their EVs get charged allowing you to sell more.
- You need not worry much, as you can assign operations of the station to CPO. However, the best thing about Griden’s fast charging station is that it can easily be operated by EV owners using the EV application or using the charging unit.
- It can be your additional income apart from your main business.
- Griden’s CMS and EV charging app allows complete monitoring of the day-to-day charging transactions, fault detection, and more that is much needed for semi-public charging stations.
Locations where semi-public charging stations can be installed
- Apartments and offices
- Gated communities
- Shopping malls and restaurants
- Government buildings
Public charging stations are open for all EVs. These charging stations can have multiple charging points so that many EV drivers can charge their vehicles at the same time.
Benefits of public charging
- EV drivers who do not want to own private charging stations may go for public charging.
- You can earn big time while owning a public charging station by charging on per hour basis.
- You need not worry much about your electric vehicle charging station, as you will anyway assign CPO for operations.
Locations where public charging stations can be installed
- Public parking lots and Street parking
- Petrol pumps
- Metro stations
- Charging plazas
These categories are not fixed. Some charging stations have hybrid characteristics. For instance, an EV fleet may open it for the public as a paid charging service till their fleet is in circulation. Bus depots or metro station parking can be public or semi-public.
In final words, all EV drivers and property owners are looking to install charging stations. Are you one of them? If yes, you must first understand these categories before you contact us for charging station installation.